Safety & Security
Both commercial and private airports are responsible for providing measures that allow airplanes, crews and clients to utilize their facilities safely within reason. While the requirements for safety and security measures differ between the two types of airport, private airports strive to ensure high levels of safety and security without compromising service and efficiency.
Passenger Safety Features
Unlike the strict and lengthy customs and baggage screening passengers would expect at a commercial airport, private airports are not required to take these measures. Baggage, documents and persons can be scanned quickly before takeoff, making it a quick, easy and convenient process. This allows them to deliver the highest quality of service without causing any delays or requiring passengers to arrive hours before their flight.
Aircraft Safety Features
These essential services are covered by the airport in order to ensure the smooth and safe operation of aircraft while on their grounds, and include:
- Regular cleaning of the runways to remove debris that can damage aircraft and be sucked into aircraft engines
- All maintenance of runways and grounds to ensure the quality of their condition
- 24-hour de-icing services
- 24-hour fuel availability
- On-field aircraft maintenance services
- 5,001 foot runway designed specifically to handle large jets and landings in inclement weather
- Security fencing to prevent vehicles from accessing runway areas
- 24-hour LED-based airport lighting and rotating beacon
- 24-hour access to Ground Power Units (GPUs)